Inquiry Design Model

I've been using the C3 teachers design model for the past few years. While I think it is very useful, does anyone have other resources for how to organize inquiry units?

#OERScavengerhunt

Top Replies

• Hi  ! Have you viewed this Track Talk from the OC for SS? It's got some great ideas for how to organize inquiry into lessons.

This conversation in the OER Project Community might also be of interest to you. Several teachers have shared how they incorporate Design Thinking into units.  Let us know if these are helpful!

• Hi Alley! I use the 5E inquiry model. It is something that was developed in a science classroom, but can be easily adapted to a history classroom. I've been doing so for the last few years and it has worked well.

If you look at the image below, you'll see a table that explains the 5E process nicely and has examples of activities for each part. There are a lot of 5E resources out there online. It's adaptable to a short class period or stretched out for extended research. Let me know if you have any questions!