3 Steps to a Deeper Classroom: Unlocking the Power of Conversation using Google Forms

I thought this was great and really useful. Thank you, Dan Fouts! Thinking of different ways I can use this in my WHP middle school classroom.

Top Replies

• I am still a little confused about how the essential question is developed.  Is it taking that quote and putting it into a larger context?  Is it taking a stand on the claim or counterclaim?

• This strategy looks powerful and engaging. Can't wait to try it with my 6th graders. Thanks!

• I think the idea is to ask the students to use the quote to examine both its claim and the counterclaim...and then take a stand and defend that position (i.e., do you agree with the quote or disagree with…

Parents
  • I absolutely love this idea and will be implementing it! I love how it gives the students time to process their views and thoughts BEFORE they come in to the classroom. I have presented questions ahead of time and had them write down their responses on their own and bring it to class, but I think your idea will make the discussion even stronger because of the ability to share a student's views anonymously so that more voices are heard. Love it! #OERScavengerhunt

• I absolutely love this idea and will be implementing it! I love how it gives the students time to process their views and thoughts BEFORE they come in to the classroom. I have presented questions ahead of time and had them write down their responses on their own and bring it to class, but I think your idea will make the discussion even stronger because of the ability to share a student's views anonymously so that more voices are heard. Love it! #OERScavengerhunt

Children
No Data