3 Steps to a Deeper Classroom: Unlocking the Power of Conversation using Google Forms

I thought this was great and really useful. Thank you, Dan Fouts! Thinking of different ways I can use this in my WHP middle school classroom.

Top Replies

• I am still a little confused about how the essential question is developed.  Is it taking that quote and putting it into a larger context?  Is it taking a stand on the claim or counterclaim?

• This strategy looks powerful and engaging. Can't wait to try it with my 6th graders. Thanks!

• I think the idea is to ask the students to use the quote to examine both its claim and the counterclaim...and then take a stand and defend that position (i.e., do you agree with the quote or disagree with…

Parents
  • There is something really appealing about the conversation idea.  I am not sure about the quote being big enough to generate deep conversation at the high school level but I'll give it a shot and see what happens.   

• There is something really appealing about the conversation idea.  I am not sure about the quote being big enough to generate deep conversation at the high school level but I'll give it a shot and see what happens.   

Children
No Data