What can we support you with? We’ll find a Track Talk for you

As we prepare for the OER Conference for Social Studies, what do you think is the greatest challenge teachers face in the classroom next year that you hope will be addressed in some of the Live Discussions or Track Talks? If we have it, we’ll link it below for you to check out!

Top Replies

• I am looking forward to learning about different assessment strategies! This past year I moved away from traditional tests & quizzes but would love to find new ways to assess students' historical…

• The biggest challenge I have noticed in the last 12 months, is the growing impact of change fatigue.  Teachers look weary.  Planning is difficult when the future is unpredictable. I know I have less energy…

• I am in this boat as well.   Any presentations on efficiency in the classroom will be well received by me!    

Something like "How  to informally assess claim testing in less than 5 minutes!" or "How to…

Parents
  • I would like to learn about how to add an activity to an existing plan - for example I'm using the base plan, but want to add in one of the science lessons. I am not sure how to do that.

I would also like to focus on how to incorporate current world news and events into the structure of the class because my students always bring it up. I don't want to get off track, but many of the things they want to discuss are important and benefit from the structure of academic discussion rather than just rumor spreading.

• I also struggle with incorporating current events! They are so important and I want to spend time on them, especially when students show an interest. I've been trying to incorporate contextualization into my discussions on current events. It is a skill students often struggle with and I think it helps when I provide them with more context (and content!) to help them understand the current status of the world.

• I also struggle with incorporating current events! They are so important and I want to spend time on them, especially when students show an interest. I've been trying to incorporate contextualization into my discussions on current events. It is a skill students often struggle with and I think it helps when I provide them with more context (and content!) to help them understand the current status of the world.

Children
Don't forget
to register!