What can we support you with? We’ll find a Track Talk for you

As we prepare for the OER Conference for Social Studies, what do you think is the greatest challenge teachers face in the classroom next year that you hope will be addressed in some of the Live Discussions or Track Talks? If we have it, we’ll link it below for you to check out!

Top Replies

• I am looking forward to learning about different assessment strategies! This past year I moved away from traditional tests & quizzes but would love to find new ways to assess students' historical…

• The biggest challenge I have noticed in the last 12 months, is the growing impact of change fatigue.  Teachers look weary.  Planning is difficult when the future is unpredictable. I know I have less energy…

• I am in this boat as well.   Any presentations on efficiency in the classroom will be well received by me!    

Something like "How  to informally assess claim testing in less than 5 minutes!" or "How to…

Parents
  • The biggest challenge I have noticed in the last 12 months, is the growing impact of change fatigue.  Teachers look weary.  Planning is difficult when the future is unpredictable. I know I have less energy to plan excursions because they often get cancelled due to lock downs or tightening of restrictions. I want to do all those little extras that I used to, but my bucket is already full, making adjustments in response to sudden changes.  I guess I'm talking about wellbeing for teachers.  Any talks about that would be welcomed.

• I am in this boat as well.   Any presentations on efficiency in the classroom will be well received by me!    

Something like "How  to informally assess claim testing in less than 5 minutes!" or "How to assess without grading"

• Hi  , this is a great question! The Assessing Historical Thinking Track will be one  you want to keep an eye on! One Track Talk that may interest you here is Monkee-ing Around with Historical Assessment. In this fun Talk,  Joe Adragna shares how he uses music from the Monkees to assess student understanding. You can easily adapt the strategies to use with any time period. 

Here's the link to the Discussion Forum so you can share your thoughts or ask questions about the Track Talk. We'd love to learn from you.

Another Track Talk you might find valuable is Inquiry: More about Good Questions than Right Answers in the Designing Inquiry Track. Sometimes having students asking the right questions is much more valuable in assessing their understanding than providing memorized answers.

Check out the Track Talk and join the conversation in the Discussion Forum. 

We'll keep you posted as more Talks are added. Stay tuned!

Reply Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!