What are you teaching?

The Live Discussions and Track Talks for the OER Conference for Social Studies cover such a wide range of subject areas. What grade and subject are you teaching this school year?   

Top Replies

• This year I am teaching 9th Grade World History for the 6th year and 10th Grade Civics for the 16th year. 

• I teach all 4 core subjects  (math, science, literacy, and social studies) to gifted 5th graders. 

• Thank you for the resources. I was just approached about being part of the OER Project from Michael Weisensel. I would love any support. I didn't realize this program was free to use. I am so excited to…

Parents
  • Hi  , 

I took BHP last year, but I didn't have a position. This year I will be teaching 8th grade SS/ELA. Any suggestions on which resources I should use? I am supposed to teach US History, but I think there are some sources in OER/BHP that can help me. Please let me know. Thank you.

• Hi  !Congratulations on your new position. There are several BHP activities you can incorporate into both your ELA and U.S. History courses.  Have you checked out Project Score? It uses the BHP Unit Investigations as a foundation for teaching writing. There are some amazing writing practice progressions and you can still use the automated scoring to provide feedback to students!

All the BHP Skills can be incorporated into U.S. History. Here's the Practice Progressions Placemat so you can see the activities how the skills are scaffolded throughout the course. 

There are several activities in Units 8 -10 that would fit in a U.S. curriculum. The Explorers Mini ProjectColumbian ExchangeSystems of Exchange video and Brain Boost video are just a few things in Unit 8 that could easily be used. 

Reach out to the OER Project Community for more ideas on how to include BHP in your course! It's a great place to get started. Have fun, and be sure to share how you are doing throughout the year.

• Thank you for the resources. I was just approached about being part of the OER Project from Michael Weisensel. I would love any support. I didn't realize this program was free to use. I am so excited to be part of it.

Reply Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!