OC for SS After Party // Literacy Live Discussion // 08-05-2021

Literacy and history instruction go hand in hand, which makes our Literacy Live Discussion such an important one. Which strategy shared during the session resonated with you the most? We'd love to learn how you incorporate literacy into your instruction. Share your takeaways and thoughts in the comments below. 

Top Replies

Parents
  • The idea of having individual conferences with my 8th grade students as they are working on assessments in my classroom is an idea that really stuck with me. I've used a writing workshop approach in LA and found it very useful. My SS class has a heavy emphasis on literacy and this feels like a natural progression. I have emphasized vocabulary in the past and plan on continuing that. 

• The idea of having individual conferences with my 8th grade students as they are working on assessments in my classroom is an idea that really stuck with me. I've used a writing workshop approach in LA and found it very useful. My SS class has a heavy emphasis on literacy and this feels like a natural progression. I have emphasized vocabulary in the past and plan on continuing that. 

Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!