OC for SS Community Digest // 07-27-2022

Take it from teacher Anne Koschmider when she says, “My favorite kind of PD provides strategies that I can readily integrate into my classroom instruction. Getting inspiration from the OC for SS Track Talks is a great way to ‘freshen up’ my lessons!” 

Prepare for all the fun of our two-day conference by joining in on the conversations already happening in the OC for SS discussion forum. Take a look at the threads down below, and have your own say! 

All Aboard! (the PD train, that is) 

The Track Talks are here! Take some time to watch these short five to fifteen minute professional development videos before the conference begins. We’re excited to help you get on track for a great school year! 

Watch the Track Talks 

screenshot of OC for SS track talks on assessing historical thinking

“How Do We Know What We Know?”

Sixth-grade teacher Crissy Calera offers a powerful (and simple!) way to help students determine the difference between fact and fiction. Her track talk focuses on the question, "How do we know what we know?"