“Unsung Heroes from the Community Project: The Essence of Meaningful Conversations”

, thank you for sharing your practices.  I teach high school history, and I know that our students in 8th grade conduct similar interview projects with community heroes, but I do not think they result in a video recording.  I will share your work with our 8th grade teachers.  The TED talk format is a fine model for students to emulate.  I enjoyed the final comments from students!  

Top Replies

• Greg: 

I am glad you were able to view the video and are considering sharing it with your colleagues.    It is one of the best learning opportunities I have provided students in my teaching career. It allowed…

• And incidentally, I see in your bio that you make cranes; our 7th graders make and ship many cranes each year to Japan!  I like the interview projects that our middle school students conduct in 8th grade…

Parents
  • Greg: 

I am glad you were able to view the video and are considering sharing it with your colleagues.    It is one of the best learning opportunities I have provided students in my teaching career. It allowed them to discover more about who they are. 

• And incidentally, I see in your bio that you make cranes; our 7th graders make and ship many cranes each year to Japan!  I like the interview projects that our middle school students conduct in 8th grade, but perhaps those teachers can build a treasury of video-recorded experience, in the style of TED talks.  Enjoy the conference!

• And incidentally, I see in your bio that you make cranes; our 7th graders make and ship many cranes each year to Japan!  I like the interview projects that our middle school students conduct in 8th grade, but perhaps those teachers can build a treasury of video-recorded experience, in the style of TED talks.  Enjoy the conference!

Children
No Data