What brings you to the 2022 OER Conference for Social Studies?

The keynote speakers, collaboration with other educators, inspiration for the upcoming school year, or clock hours, people attend conferences for many reasons. So, what brings you to the OER Conference for Social Studies? Share your reasons for attending in the comments below!

Top Replies

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene…

• This will be my first year teaching OER. I want all the knowledge, support, and excitement I can soak in. I’m worried it’s going to be a long year

• This will be my third OER Conference and I think what keeps me coming back is the variety of topics and new ideas I encounter each year.  Last year hearing Brian Stevenson talk and then reading his book…

Parents
  • Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene talk about his experiences as an author and passion for storytelling. When I introduce our class to my students at the start of the year, I always reference this. History is storytelling at its best! Collaboration with other educators is also incredibly important. Last year, several educators talked specifically about the video platform Flipgrid. Raving about the level of engagement they observed in their classroom. Having never heard about this platform, I did my research and quickly realized this would be an excellent learning tool for my class. And sure enough, it has become an essential device I use to teach my class. One of the perks about teaching is having the summer to recharge your batteries, so I don't know about you, but I could always use a positive, low-stress learning environment to get me ready for the school year. That is one of the biggest reasons I tune in. Prep me for the school year in a relaxed yet stimulating way. And, oh yeah, you get PD hours for this. I am really excited about attending again this year and looking forward to seeing you all there.

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene talk about his experiences as an author and passion for storytelling. When I introduce our class to my students at the start of the year, I always reference this. History is storytelling at its best! Collaboration with other educators is also incredibly important. Last year, several educators talked specifically about the video platform Flipgrid. Raving about the level of engagement they observed in their classroom. Having never heard about this platform, I did my research and quickly realized this would be an excellent learning tool for my class. And sure enough, it has become an essential device I use to teach my class. One of the perks about teaching is having the summer to recharge your batteries, so I don't know about you, but I could always use a positive, low-stress learning environment to get me ready for the school year. That is one of the biggest reasons I tune in. Prep me for the school year in a relaxed yet stimulating way. And, oh yeah, you get PD hours for this. I am really excited about attending again this year and looking forward to seeing you all there.

Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!