What brings you to the 2022 OER Conference for Social Studies?

The keynote speakers, collaboration with other educators, inspiration for the upcoming school year, or clock hours, people attend conferences for many reasons. So, what brings you to the OER Conference for Social Studies? Share your reasons for attending in the comments below!

Top Replies

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene…

• This will be my first year teaching OER. I want all the knowledge, support, and excitement I can soak in. I’m worried it’s going to be a long year

• This will be my third OER Conference and I think what keeps me coming back is the variety of topics and new ideas I encounter each year.  Last year hearing Brian Stevenson talk and then reading his book…

Parents
  • This  will be my third year attending the OER conference and I always leave with valuable resources, ideas, and inspiration for my classes. It comes at the perfect time of the year, when we return from our summer holidays full of enthusiasm to innovate and plan the courses. The keynote speakers are certainly a big attraction but also the pre-recorded sessions because they provide novel points of view and ideas to implement in the classroom. The fact that there is a synchronous and asynchronous modality helps tremendously. You can always go back and re-watch the videos. I advertise the conference among members of the History Department because there is top level discussions and materials for every level of instruction. 

• This  will be my third year attending the OER conference and I always leave with valuable resources, ideas, and inspiration for my classes. It comes at the perfect time of the year, when we return from our summer holidays full of enthusiasm to innovate and plan the courses. The keynote speakers are certainly a big attraction but also the pre-recorded sessions because they provide novel points of view and ideas to implement in the classroom. The fact that there is a synchronous and asynchronous modality helps tremendously. You can always go back and re-watch the videos. I advertise the conference among members of the History Department because there is top level discussions and materials for every level of instruction. 

Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!