What brings you to the 2022 OER Conference for Social Studies?

The keynote speakers, collaboration with other educators, inspiration for the upcoming school year, or clock hours, people attend conferences for many reasons. So, what brings you to the OER Conference for Social Studies? Share your reasons for attending in the comments below!

Top Replies

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene…

• This will be my first year teaching OER. I want all the knowledge, support, and excitement I can soak in. I’m worried it’s going to be a long year

• This will be my third OER Conference and I think what keeps me coming back is the variety of topics and new ideas I encounter each year.  Last year hearing Brian Stevenson talk and then reading his book…

Parents Reply Children
  •   I have also taught ELA for many years and find that there are so many relevant connections between best teaching practices in ELA that can be brought into social studies. I hope you find the conference engaging! You might be interested in the Social Studies Summer Book club (Why Learn History when it's already on your phone by Sam Wineburg). I've been finding it to be a really great read so far. Here is the link to the post discussing it so far: Book Club Discussion

Don't forget
to register!