What brings you to the 2022 OER Conference for Social Studies?

The keynote speakers, collaboration with other educators, inspiration for the upcoming school year, or clock hours, people attend conferences for many reasons. So, what brings you to the OER Conference for Social Studies? Share your reasons for attending in the comments below!

Top Replies

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene…

• This will be my first year teaching OER. I want all the knowledge, support, and excitement I can soak in. I’m worried it’s going to be a long year

• This will be my third OER Conference and I think what keeps me coming back is the variety of topics and new ideas I encounter each year.  Last year hearing Brian Stevenson talk and then reading his book…

Parents
  • Social studies are such a crucial component of modern education. I totally agree that it's all about storytelling and bringing history to life. That's why resources like Flipgrid are game-changers for us educators. I've used it in the past, and it's a must-have for any classroom.I work in a high school, and I know firsthand the importance of having engaging Resources for highschoolers. That's why I'm super excited to hear about the resources you'll discuss at conferences. High schoolers have a lot going on, so providing them with resources that make learning more dynamic is essential.

• I couldn't agree with you more,  ! I think that students also really start to recognize the power of narrative as units progress. (At least for me they do with BHP.) Connecting the story of the universe, our planet, and our species shows students that you can't understand one without the other. Emphasizing the power of collective learning and interconnectedness show students how far we have come while also considering the challenges of the future.

• I couldn't agree with you more,  ! I think that students also really start to recognize the power of narrative as units progress. (At least for me they do with BHP.) Connecting the story of the universe, our planet, and our species shows students that you can't understand one without the other. Emphasizing the power of collective learning and interconnectedness show students how far we have come while also considering the challenges of the future.

Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!