Anonymous
Parents
  • It's good to hear further agreement on the strategy of giving kids at-grade level text. I am finding that I provide more and more scaffolding all the time, such as preliminary vocab, further preliminary videos, definitions within the text as needed, and then group discussion. Over all though I've found that nothing really beats primary source documents as students can see for themselves what the controversies were all about. I have found that not only is it more compelling, but students generally appreciate being given challenging text. #MCHE

Comment
  • It's good to hear further agreement on the strategy of giving kids at-grade level text. I am finding that I provide more and more scaffolding all the time, such as preliminary vocab, further preliminary videos, definitions within the text as needed, and then group discussion. Over all though I've found that nothing really beats primary source documents as students can see for themselves what the controversies were all about. I have found that not only is it more compelling, but students generally appreciate being given challenging text. #MCHE

Children
No Data