Do you need to reach out to someone in the know?

If you could speak with a current OER Project teacher, what might you ask them? 

Top Replies

Parents Reply Children
  • That's definitely a lot to handle then (much respect to you).  As I mentioned, I'm fortunate enough to have support staff this year.  That being said, before they crated this hybrid model, for the past two years I was teaching to a class of about 30 students of which around 8 - 10 were ELLs.  I relied heavily on the translated articles and I really just focused on vocabulary, reading and writing for that group.  I'm not sure what your technology situation is in the classroom, but we're one to one with Chromebooks and my ELLs really liked it when I gave the ability to create infographics at the end of each unit with images and translations of the big ideas.  We also make Google Sites for each unit which they seemed to like because it allowed for a lot of digital work, images, and the ability to translate their ideas.  

Also, in my district (and state - NY), we're encouraged to use an ENL/ELL grading modification chart which allows me to give better grades to my ENL/ELL population based on effort.