Do you need to reach out to someone in the know?

If you could speak with a current OER Project teacher, what might you ask them? 

Top Replies

Parents
  • I would like to know how to better pace WHP 1200 to Present. I'm struggling with the number of assignments, grading, and the student's lack of prior foundational knowledge. I also have two ELL-only sections and need guidance with reaching those students as well.

• Hi  , have you tried the WHP Course Plan for New Jersey? It may help you with your pacing. The best advice I received when I started teaching OER Project courses was to "do less, well." Be selective in the assignments and activities you do, allowing them to delve into the content. Adding  ,   and to this conversation. They may have additional advice on using course materials with ELL students.

Be sure to reach out if you have any questions! 

• I have the course plan for NJ and I can't cram that all in. Also, I  like the "do less, well" advice but I worry if I do less I won't be able to meet all of my target standards. Most if not all of my students lack foundational knowledge, writing, and computer literacy skills to follow the NJ course plan.

• I have the course plan for NJ and I can't cram that all in. Also, I  like the "do less, well" advice but I worry if I do less I won't be able to meet all of my target standards. Most if not all of my students lack foundational knowledge, writing, and computer literacy skills to follow the NJ course plan.

Children
No Data