BHP Onboarding Session After Party!

Welcome to the BHP Onboarding Session After Party!

This is an opportunity for everyone who attended the professional development session to continue learning - and for those who plan to watch the recording to join the conversation.

To get the conversation started, we have a few questions for you:

• After participating in the Onboarding Session and diving into the course, what else do you need to know?
  • How do you plan on making course materials available to your students? Canvas? Google Classroom? Something else?
  • Have you planned out your first month? Semester? Year? Share your plans with the community and get some feedback!

We look forward to hearing from you. After posting a comment, click this link to receive an exclusive BHP poster pack to jazz up your classroom!

Top Replies

Parents
  •  It was great chatting with you tonight  about BHP with . We are so incredibly excited to see what you end up doing in Mongolia! To start this discussion thread I am curious, what else do you need to know? 

• Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I participated in my first BHP onboarding session. It was a great experience. I was welcomed with open arms by   and  who gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions. They suggested also posting some of those questions online in the BHP group. So here I go with my first question:

My vision is to introduce and teach BHP in Mongolia, first in English but then gradually having the material also translated in Mongolian so that Mongolian teachers can introduce the course to a wider audience of students’ in their own language.  I understand that there are already Spanish translations of the BHP material and even some Dutch translations. For those of you who decided to start translating, can you tell me how you went about it? Who is translating? How do you assure accurate translations? Why did you decide to start translating? What are the pros and cons? And any other pieces of wisdom you have acquired in the translation process. 

I mentioned yesterday in the BHP onboarding meeting that I would post some links about Mongolia. Here are two videos that are an introduction to the nomadic  communities of Mongolia:

The first one, Under a Mongolian Sky,  is about the Kazakh nomads in western Mongolia who still practice the old tradition of hunting with golden eagles.

The second link, Mongol Mori - Mongolian Horse,  tells the story about the Mongolian nomads in central Mongolia who collectively train their racehorses and participate in the famous Mongolian Naadams (horse races).

Thank you very much for your input and support! 

• Hello Everyone,

Yesterday I participated in my first BHP onboarding session. It was a great experience. I was welcomed with open arms by   and  who gave me plenty of opportunities to ask questions. They suggested also posting some of those questions online in the BHP group. So here I go with my first question:

My vision is to introduce and teach BHP in Mongolia, first in English but then gradually having the material also translated in Mongolian so that Mongolian teachers can introduce the course to a wider audience of students’ in their own language.  I understand that there are already Spanish translations of the BHP material and even some Dutch translations. For those of you who decided to start translating, can you tell me how you went about it? Who is translating? How do you assure accurate translations? Why did you decide to start translating? What are the pros and cons? And any other pieces of wisdom you have acquired in the translation process. 

I mentioned yesterday in the BHP onboarding meeting that I would post some links about Mongolia. Here are two videos that are an introduction to the nomadic  communities of Mongolia:

The first one, Under a Mongolian Sky,  is about the Kazakh nomads in western Mongolia who still practice the old tradition of hunting with golden eagles.

The second link, Mongol Mori - Mongolian Horse,  tells the story about the Mongolian nomads in central Mongolia who collectively train their racehorses and participate in the famous Mongolian Naadams (horse races).

Thank you very much for your input and support! 

Children