FAQ

Find answers to our most common queries below! If you don't see the information you need, feel free to email us at events@oerproject.com.

WHAT IS THE OER CONFERENCE FOR SOCIAL STUDIES?
The OER Conference for Social Studies is a free online professional development event structured to foster discussion around social studies teaching practices and how to adapt to teaching and learning in or out of the classroom. It combines asynchronous videos with live, online, moderated discussions.

WHEN IS IT?
August 3, 4, and 5, 2021.

IS IT FREE?
Yes!

WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
K–12 social studies educators.

WHY SHOULD I ATTEND?
You should attend if:
• You teach K–12 social studies
• You’re uncertain about how learning will look next year
• You’re looking for ideas, tools and resources that you and your students can use no matter what learning looks like next year
• You want to log clock hours and not be bored to death doing it

I DON'T TEACH SOCIAL STUDIES - CAN I STILL ATTEND?
Yes! This conference is free and open to anyone. While it will have a Social Studies focus, some content will apply to good instruction regardless of subject.

HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Register here for the online conference. That's it! We will contact you as speakers are announced, Track Talks are published, and clock hour information becomes available. Your registration also gives you access to all the resources in OER Project free online courses and community.

WILL I GET CLOCK HOURS?
Individual states will provide their own guidance on earning and reporting clock hours. Please check back regularly as we work with individual state organizations to organize certification of clock hours.

DO I HAVE TO ATTEND THE WHOLE CONFERENCE TO GET CLOCK HOURS?
Individual states will provide their own guidance on clock hour earning and reporting. Please check back regularly as we work with individual state organizations to organize certification of clock hours.

WHAT IF I DON’T SEE MY PARTICULAR STATE LISTED? CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
Of course!

WHAT EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE?
You don’t have to install anything. All you need is a laptop or smart mobile device. If you’re at home or otherwise in an environment with a lot of distractions, headphones or earbuds will also be helpful.

WILL CONTENT BE AVAILABLE TO VIEW AFTER THE CONFERENCE?
Yes! If you can’t be present during the conference, we’ll have the content posted in the OER Project online teacher community for viewing afterward. You’ll also be able to view our Track Talks a few weeks before the conference at your own pace/time.

WILL THE LIVE SESSIONS BE RECORDED?
All live sessions and keynotes will be recorded and available after the conference dates for viewing. You’ll miss the live discussions at the conference, but you’ll have access to new discussions with educators like you in the online community.

WHO IS SPONSORING THE CONFERENCE?
The conference is sponsored by the OER Project, an online provider of free, open social studies curricula for grades 6–12. Our partners include NCSS as well as chapters in these states, and all these state and district departments of education. For more information on OER Project visit oerproject.com.

Don't forget
to register!