What brings you to the 2022 OER Conference for Social Studies?

The keynote speakers, collaboration with other educators, inspiration for the upcoming school year, or clock hours, people attend conferences for many reasons. So, what brings you to the OER Conference for Social Studies? Share your reasons for attending in the comments below!

Top Replies

• Having attended the OER Conference for Social Studies in the past, I would say each of these options has been exremely helpful to my work as an educator. Previously, I remember listening to John Greene…

• This will be my first year teaching OER. I want all the knowledge, support, and excitement I can soak in. I’m worried it’s going to be a long year

• This will be my third OER Conference and I think what keeps me coming back is the variety of topics and new ideas I encounter each year.  Last year hearing Brian Stevenson talk and then reading his book…

Parents Reply Children
  • Hey  So glad you will be joining us this year and welcome to the OER Project Family. This will be my fourth year using the OER Curriculum so if you have any questions feel free to reach out to me or other members of the OER Community. There are a number of dedicated educators here working together to support each other and we share ideas for best practices in order to help improve our learners' understanding of history. I routinely post images of various activities my students complete and reflect on lessons, so please feel free to grab an idea if that helps. The reason I really appreciate the OER Project is it breaks history down and makes it more accessible for our 21st Century learners to understand. It is also important to appreciate the first year can seem challenging because it is new, but ultimately, choose the activities that you are most comfortable with. Trust me when I say, your students will appreciate these activities more than typical textbook work. Wishing you the best of luck with your process and again, if you have any questions about anything throughout the course of the year, feel free to reach out to me or post in our community. All good things! 

Don't forget
to register!