OC for SS After Party // Literacy Live Discussion // 08-05-2021

Literacy and history instruction go hand in hand, which makes our Literacy Live Discussion such an important one. Which strategy shared during the session resonated with you the most? We'd love to learn how you incorporate literacy into your instruction. Share your takeaways and thoughts in the comments below. 

Top Replies

Parents
  • We are all literacy teachers, no matter what subject we teach! Conferring with students is key to providing the most meaningful feedback and student-centered support. It's worth the effort to build that routine and expectation in the class routines.

• That's a fact...and I know it's cliche (or even a turn off for some teachers), but it's definitely the reality. I think that if teachers stick to the hope that "some of this will stick" then they're on the right track. Just like a basketball practice might end with shooting free throws, that practice and routine in the classroom will make a difference. You're on the right track!

• That's a fact...and I know it's cliche (or even a turn off for some teachers), but it's definitely the reality. I think that if teachers stick to the hope that "some of this will stick" then they're on the right track. Just like a basketball practice might end with shooting free throws, that practice and routine in the classroom will make a difference. You're on the right track!

Children
No Data
Don't forget
to register!